Emacs Gnus

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 12 02:13:37 CET 2003

At 07:56 PM 3/11/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

>David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've just learned that the Emacs Gnus newsreader converts message
> > separators like "From foo at bar.com Tue Mar ..." to "X-From-Line:
> > foo at bar.com Tue Mar ...".
> >
> > Currently bogofilter supports the first format, but not the second.
> > Should it support both?
>
>Unless I've missed something, this is just a completeness feature to
>keep the original From_ line when converting to a spool format (say
>nnml) that doesn't need the From_ lines to delimit
>messages. X-From-Line: is not a message separator (that stuff has one
>file per mail), so don't worry.

Matthias,

I'm not worried.  A bogofilter user needs it so bad that he submitted a
patch direct to me.

To complicate matters he can't subscribe to the lists.  He's tried but
there's no response.  I've sent a message to Adrian to see what he can do
and I'm thinking it may be time to find a new host/site for the list.  I'm
even entertaining the possibility of doing it myself and have been reading
about ezmlm, mailman, and majordomo2.  It can't hurt to learn more.

Cheers!