rpms for RH7.2,RH7.3?

Todd Underwood todd-bogofilter at osogrande.com
Mon Mar 10 17:30:33 CET 2003

folx,

> > > now i need to install bogofilter on two different RH machines still at
> > > versions 7.2 and 7.3.  unfortunatley, i don't have root on those machines
> > > and i'm having trouble figureing out whether there is RH support for db4?
> >
> >Red Hat 6.x: db2 (db3 is avalible as an update)
> >Red Hat 7.x: db3
> >Red Hat 8.x: db4

excellent. thanks for the info.

> >FWIW, I take the .src.rpm on sourceforge and rebuild it.
> >Emmanuel
>
> Emanuel,
>
> As a matter of curiosity, have you tried the binary rpms?  If so, what
> happpened?  I build them on my Mandrake 9.0 system and have no info as to
> what other environments they are compatible.

well, i just successfully installed the 0.10 binary rpm on 7.3 and it
worked fine.  db3 was already installed.  i have previously successfully
installed the 0.10 binary rpm on 8.0.  i needed db4 and compat-db in order
for it to work, but it works fine now.

two data points for you.

t.
--

todd underwood, sr. vp & cto
oso grande technologies, inc.
todd at osogrande.com

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."
  	    --Edmund Burke, Speech at County Meeting of Bucks, 1784.