Status lines

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Mar 6 14:57:34 CET 2003

At 08:43 AM 3/6/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I guess this has been discussed before. What does bogofilter
>do with respect to Status header lines? Incoming mail in
>general won't have them, but if you train from a mail
>database (mbox) they are there. I am wondering if that could
>have any effect. Of course, all mails will have that line in
>the training set.
>
>pi

pi,

Yes, it's been mentioned, but not recently.

Bogofilter ignores any "X-Bogosity:" lines it finds.  This causes an
already scored message to be treated just like an unscored message.  When
bogofilter does the check, it uses the spam_header_name value from the
config file.  If none is given, the default is the "X-Bogosity" string
you're accustomed to.