./configure problem on FreeBSD

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 01:31:04 CET 2003

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003, Terry Todd wrote:

> I have an older FreeBSD 3.2 system I am trying to get bogofilter to run on.
>
> I installed Berkeley DB 4.1.25 without any problems.
>
> bogofilter-0.11.1 configure runs fine until......
>
> $ ./configure --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
> ..
> checking for unsigned short... yes
> checking size of unsigned short... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (unsigned short), 77
> See `config.log' for more details.

Please, if anyone has difficulties configuring bogofilter and is told to
see "config.log for more details", please have a look, typical hints are
around "failed compile" or something. If you don't dare reading that
file or can't figure it out, that's fine, then please provide us with a
possibility to download the config.log file or negotiate mailing the
file (filing it as attachment to Sourceforge's bug tracker is also fine
if you have a Sourceforge account).

Note FreeBSD has a bogofilter port that I maintain and that is pretty
current (0.11.1 currently), which is usually the more convenient way of
installing bogofilter:

cd /usr/ports
make update
portinstall bogofilter
# use "portupgrade bogofilter" if you've got a previously-installed
# version