./configure problem on FreeBSD

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Wed Mar 5 05:24:10 CET 2003

I have an older FreeBSD 3.2 system I am trying to get bogofilter to run on.

I installed Berkeley DB 4.1.25 without any problems.

bogofilter-0.11.1 configure runs fine until......

$ ./configure --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
checking for sys/select.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/socket.h... (cached) yes
checking types of arguments for select... int,fd_set *,struct timeval *
checking for uint32_t... yes
checking for u_int32_t... yes
checking for unsigned short... yes
checking size of unsigned short... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (unsigned short), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

Is there a way to fix this? (other than using a newer version of FreeBSD)

TIA,
Terry Todd