locking [was: change in registration options]

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Tue Mar 4 13:05:45 CET 2003

On 20030303 (Mon) at 2214:36 -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Matthias Andree wrote:
> > We should see after 0.11 if using some other means (transactional store
> > or PostgreSQL)
>
> Let me just declare that I strongly oppose to install anything so
> huge as PostgreSQL just in order to filter spam on my notebook.

Seconded.  I already have to run MySQL on this thing for work reasons;
NWIH am I putting another database monster on here.  (And no, that's
not a vote for doing it with MySQL -- using a database engine in the
context of bogofilter seems to me like cracking almond shells with a
piledriver.)

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |