unregistration options

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 03:34:14 CET 2003

Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> writes:

> Er, if you do -S twice then doing -N once should fix it as -N is the
> opposite of -S.

Sure, but the unregister option is useful to undo a registration of a
mail that was accidentally filed wrongly, but isn't "good enough" (too
uncommon for your mail) to be registered -- you can undo -S and -N, but
you cannot undo -s or -n without an explicit "unregister".

> I guess if you do -s twice then you can't fix it.  I'm not sure that is
> a good enough reason to break existing scripts.

It gets rid of some code inherited from bogofilter 0.6 or 0.7[.0], which
I've always found ugly -- and cleaning up old code clears the decks for
the new things to come.