Article on bogofilter

Jake Di Toro karrde at viluppo.net
Thu Feb 6 13:44:35 CET 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:33:01PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> At 11:00 PM 2/5/03, Jake Di Toro wrote:
>
> The article doesn't seem _that_ bad.  I'll be glad to write to him.
>
> I only spotted a couple of inaccuracies, specifically author info, version
> info, and return codes.  Also the sentence on using -n instead of -s is
> unclear.  What else did you see?

I think the bigest thing that got to me was his concept of wordlist
population.  He mentions that the number of mesages doesn't matter,
and when he dumps a directory of 100+ msgs it only ditects as 3.  And
then his nightly cron job.  He makes no provision to clear out the
spam/nonspam directory, nor to reset the wordlist.  So the way that
cron job runs he's reregistering every piece of mail every night.

--
Till Later,
Jake <karrde at viluppo.net>