bogofilter, procmail, & training bogofilter

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Apr 10 11:24:32 CEST 2003

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> It seems that most people here are using procmail to retrieve their
> email.
>
> I have not, as of today, used procmail. Could someone post their
> .procmailrc, showing bogofilter, and moving individual messages into
> ~/Mail/inbox?

My preference for fresh installs is maildrop rather than procmail. It
does "the right thing" for many situations where procmail's default
behaviour is -- uhm, putting it mildly -- annoying, and the maildrop
configuration files, .mailfilter, are easier to read than .procmailrc
files.
http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/README.html

> How do most people get bogofilter trained? cron? manual?

Personally, I'm training it manually, but it's mostly a matter of
preference and how you'd like to do such things and what mailer you use.