Some comments/problems

Michael J. Rensing michael.rensing at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 29 19:23:35 CEST 2002

I've been running ESR's version 0.7 for a while, and have noticed a few
glitches. Before whinging to the list (whinging <= whining :) ), I figured
an update to the 0.7.4 version was in order. I've encountered a few problems
that I figured I'd bring to the list's attention...

1) at bogofilter.sourceforge.net there's a link to download from
ftp://bogofilter.aotto.com/pub/bogofilter If I try to use that server, it
will not allow me to log in as anonymous or guest, either with a null
password, or with my e-mail address.

2) since there was an rpm on the sourceforge mirror, I thought I'd download
that and take advantage of not having to compile. The rpm installed no
problem, but the man page still has the s/h/S/H options. Knowing that there
have been recent changes, this should be out of date, so I tried to figure
out what version the compiled code is

3) there does not appear to be an option to report the version of bogofilter
that is being run. There really should be such an option; I have no idea
which one I have right now, so I'm going to have to clean everything out and
compile from source just to be sure...

Regards,
Michael