Config Files [was: options names and help]

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Fri Sep 27 20:03:40 CEST 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:25:04AM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> Nick,
>
> The thought of a config file has been mentioned before.  The question was
> asked whether anyone had a favorite library for reading/writing one, but
> there were no replies.  Come to think of it, I have some old code for
> reading a config file in dictionary format, i.e. "key=value" pairs.  Have
> you anything better?  Would you like to take on this task?  Would anyone
> like this task?

If anyone's interested in multiple wordlists, it'd be nice to be able to
have multiple parameters, to be able to say "add a list with filename X,
weight Y, and format Z".

On the topic of multiple lists, I'm still willing to port it to the latest
version, but I've gotten really tired of porting it just in time for
someone else to check a pile of conflicting code into CVS.  This has
happened three times now, and I'm tired of all the work involved.  So if
anyone actually wants multi-list code someone will have to coordinate a
window when nobody else will check stuff in.