[bogofilter] Bogofilter Mirrors, and new patch for 0.7.1

Ben Rosengart br at panix.com
Wed Sep 25 04:22:10 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:56:17PM -0400, Eric Mings wrote:
> >> 2) If a message already has an X-Spam-Status header, it is ignored instead
> >> of passed through in -p mode. A syslog message is logged if an existing
> >> header is skipped.
> >
> >Won't this provide an easy way for spammers to elude detection?  Just
> >supply your spam with premade headers that say the message isn't spam.
>
> I would suggest if possible the exact spam status header content be set
> by the server admin as a preference. That way it would be impossible for
> spammers to bypass it, would require knowing what exactly each admin
> specified for the header.

This seems like a good solution to the wrong problem.  How about
renaming an existing X-Spam-Status header to Old-X-Spam-Status, and
putting in a new one?  The precedent is "formail -i".

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

Microsoft has argued that open source is bad for business, but you
have to ask, "Whose business?  Theirs, or yours?"    --Tim O'Reilly