Serious problem with non-ASCII words

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Sep 20 19:07:58 CEST 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> I don't speak C myself, but one thing should not happen. bogofilter
> should not depend on the locales of the system. The mail server might
> use anything completely unrelated to the mail. And spam comes in many
> flavors and languages anyways.

Bogofilter is always run explicitly, so you're into "env LC_CTYPE=de_AT
bogofilter -p" if you wish that. No big deal. The drawback is that GNU
flex is clueless.

As you mentioned UTF-8 yourself: how should -- generally, not of
programming languages -- the parser work? What should it consider a
token?