need help with procmail recipe

Barry Gould BarryGould at pennysaverusa.net
Fri Sep 13 06:31:35 CEST 2002

<x-flowed>
Boris, thank you for responding.
I've applied your suggestions, and it's working better (not hanging
procmail anymore).

However, the -p still isn't getting applied.
:0fw
| bogofilter -p

Procmail seems to care if the program returns non-zero here.
I think this is the problem.
Looking at the 'w' command in the procmailrc man page seems to confirm this.
'W' doesn't seem to work either.

should bogofilter -p be fixed, or is there a way to get procmail to deal
with this?

My spamassassin recipe at the end works fine, so I think my recipe is OK.
Spamassassin normally returns 0, spam or not.

also,
can my recipe be made shorter?
e.g.
can
  * ? bogofilter

somehow be done with the -p?

Below is my current procmailrc.

Thanks,
Barry

# cat /etc/procmailrc
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
HOME=/var/spool/mail

#backup everything first
:0c:
backup
#end backup

#delete viruses, etc
#:0H:
#* ^Subject:.*(\(ScanMail has found a virus\)|Virus Alert - ScanMail for
Lotus Notes)
#scanmail_virus

# bogofilter
:0
  * ? bogofilter
  {
         :0c
         | bogofilter -s
  }

#else (E)
:0Ec
| bogofilter -h

#always
:0fw
| bogofilter -p

# end bogofilter

#spamassassin in daemon mode as user mail
#:0fw
#| spamc -u mail
#end spamassassin