To-do summary

Mark M. Hoffman mhoffman at lightlink.com
Wed Sep 11 00:26:06 CEST 2002

Two comments...

I propose a third mailing list (opt-in this time please - we are trying to kill
spam right?) where people who are interested in tweaking the algorithm can post
patches.  Subscribers to that list will run the patches against their own test
mail and report results back to the list.  This resolves a problem I anticipate
with this list becoming endless "why don't we do it this way" arguments.  Let's
adopt a "show me the code/results" mentality right away.

> 6) New Feature: Identify a messages that probably contain viruses. Mark them
> in -p mode with an additional header. This feature to be enabled or disabled
> using a run-time CLI option.

Please don't do this.  As mentioned by someone else, this is best left to
procmail + some other tool.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman