[bogofilter] Re: [bogofilter] To-do summary

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Tue Sep 10 22:34:21 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:12:27PM -0700, Adrian Otto wrote:
> 5) New Feature: Shared wordlist support with good shared/exclusive file
> locking.

I have a good chunk of code which lays the foundation for this, by
allowing a variable number of wordlists, each with its own weight.

This allows flexible whitelisting and blacklisting, as well as providing a
good basis for using both a "system" list with slightly less weight than a
"user" list.  I also use it as the basis for an "ignore" list, to force
bogofilter to ignore certain words altogether.  (Because I happened to
feed it spam from the month of May, and it decided that the word "may"
from the date and received headers was a good indication of spamicity.)

My current code is against 0.4, but I'm currently staring at 0.7 to see
what's different.

Eric Seppanen