[bogofilter] To-do summary

Adrian Otto aotto at aotto.com
Tue Sep 10 21:12:27 CEST 2002

Based on feedback on the list today, I think we should expand the existing
bogofilter To-do list. I'm open to any feedback. I'm willing to work on all
these items. I'll be doing the development in my spare time, so progress
will probably be slow.

1) Portability: Port for Solaris, possible gnu configure script. (my current
activity)

2) Design Enhancement: Close a potential hole in filtering by evaluating the
content within quoted printable MIME attachments.

3) Design Enhancement: Improve evaluation accuracy by treating words common
in both wordlists as neutral by excluding them from the probability
calculation when their significance to the total probability falls below a
certain limit. (Eric to do this?)

4) Documentation: Establish a bogofilter FAQ. Put information in about how
to use SpamAssasin to train bogofilter.

5) New Feature: Shared wordlist support with good shared/exclusive file
locking.

6) New Feature: Identify a messages that probably contain viruses. Mark them
in -p mode with an additional header. This feature to be enabled or disabled
using a run-time CLI option.

7) New Feature: Web based tool for wordlist management. Allow message
registration and whitelist management. HTML Templatized for easy integration
with existing web mail systems.

8) Performance Enhancement: Investigate if mmap/msync might help
performance. Don't the db3 libraries probably already implement these?

Adrian