LMDB _bug_ | running individual tests

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jun 14 18:08:13 CEST 2019

Am 14.06.19 um 17:35 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso:
> [...]
> Sigh.  What a mess.  Anyway, LMDB works fine, even if its design
> is possibly messy, and the tests do not cover all these cases at
> all.  (By the way, is there a way to test specific bogofilter
> tests?  I had a terrible time because i had to "make check" over
> and over again, even though only four tests were involved here.
> Luckily i now have that fast box.  Have you already told me, last
> year?  Man.)

Hi Steffen,

it is unfortunate and frustrating to read of a rather unhelpful reaction
towards your proposals sent upstream.

For lack of time on my part this week-end, I'll pick out this particular
question (how to run a single test) because that may help you instantly,
and I will need to look at your other findings and proposals later on.

I have added instructions on how to run a single test to
bogofilter/src/tests/README, as of commit Commit fb739000, contents
copied here:

> 1. HOWTO - HOW TO RUN A SINGLE TEST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> a) cd to src/tests in your *BUILD* directory hierarchy.
>    This may be the same as the SOURCE, but it is recommended to keep
> source and
>    build separate.
>
>    To see documentation, be sure to install the automake.info
>    documentation and run: info '(automake)VPATH Builds'
>
>    Example: cd _build/src/tests # <- adjust the _build/ part!
>
> b) assuming sh-compatible shells such as bash, run this to grab
>    the proper source directory: (copy & paste):
>
>    srcdir="$(sed -n 's/^srcdir = //p' Makefile)" ; export srcdir
>
>    (if you use csh, zsh or other shells, you're on your own here)
>
> c) to run a single test, run it this way, assuming you want to run
>    the test t.lexer:
>
>    $srcdir/t.lexer
>
>    NOTE that t.frame contains the test setup and configuration framework.
>
> d) The framework will run, for example, t.lexer and create a directory
> where it
>    placed all relevant non-constant data, and print a message similar
> to the
>    following, to show you where to find it and remind you to clean up
> after
>    yourself:
>
>    "Results are in ./lexer.20190614.  Remove it after testing."
> [...]

HTH

Matthias