bogofilter dont recognize received spam email

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 5 02:35:37 CET 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:11:57 -0200
Roger Luft wrote:

> Hi list
>
> When i received spam email in my account, the bogofilter return this
> message: "X-Bogosity: No, spamicity=0.00e+00, version=0.17.0", but
> when i run: "bogofilter -uv < thismessage", the bogofilter return:
>
> Why my bogofilter dont recognize received spam email as spam when the
> email passthrough procmail?
>
> ps:  If the spam mail come to root, the bogofilter works fine.

Hello Roger,

Sounds like you're having trouble with directories and/or permissions.
Your message doesn't mention where you have bogofilter's wordlist, i.e.
the bogofilter_dir.  Normally it's in $HOME/.bogofilter/wordlist.db.  If
you want it elsewhere, you need to use the "-d /your/directory/" option
on the command line or add "bogofilter_dir=/your/directory/" in
/etc/bogofiter.cf.

If all your users are sharing one directory, make sure the permissions
are right, i.e. it can be read by everyone.

Hope this helps!