[bogofilter-announce] bogofilter 0.7.6 released
relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 29 07:59:43 EST 2002
Bogofilter 0.7.6 has been released and is available for download from
SourceForge, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bogofilter.
* Added README.hp-ux for those using HP-UX.
* Added support for additional architectures - ia64, arm,
powerpc, and s390.
* Bogofilter -p mode now preserves CR and NUL characters.
* Bogofilter -p mode now detects if the computer runs out of
* Bogofilter supports a new "-l" switch to write run-time log
information to syslog.
* Bogofilter supports a new algorithm to calculate the
"spamicity", the "Robinson" algorithm. It is enabled with the
new "-r" switch. The old behavior is called the "Graham"
algorithm and can be enforced with the new "-g" switch. The
default behavior is to use the "Graham" algorithm.
* Bogofilter now has an "-R FILE" option (that implies -r) to print
an R data frame to FILE.
* Bogofilter and bogoutil now have a "-x CLASSES" option to turn
* Bogoupgrade.pl has been renamed to bogoupgrade.
* There is now a man page for bogoupgrade.
* BASE64 treatment has been fixed. It ignored whole lines if
they consisted of a single token. Now a token is only
considered base64 and ignored if it's >= 32 characters or ends
in one or two padding "=" signs.
* MIME boundary lines are now emitted as tokens. Some of them
are typical of certain spam software, so they might turn out
to be useful.
* All control characters are now considered token delimiters.
* Bogofilter now aborts if it cannot figure where to look for its
data base directory.
* The software no longer crashes on machines that do not allow
for unaligned memory access (m68k; many RISC, e. g. SPARC).
* DB 4.1 is now supported.
* Documentation updates.
More information about the Bogofilter-announce