[bogofilter-announce] Version 0.7.5 Released
aotto at aotto.com
Mon Oct 21 00:28:34 EDT 2002
We are proud to announce release 0.7.5 of the bogofilter software. There are
a number of significant changes to the software. Using the new version will
require you to change your procmail recipes and potentially your client-side
filters. Please read the man page carefully when you upgrade.
Download from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bogofilter
Here is a summary of the changes since version 0.7.4:
* The header in bogofilter -p mode now defaults to X-Bogosity, but can be
changed by using "./configure --enable-spam-header=name" at compile time.
* The option names -h/-H are back to -n/-N like they were in version 0.6, and
-h now means "help".
* A utility has been added to help upgrade wordlists from older versions of
bogofilter to the current format. See the UPGRADE file for more information.
* Support has been added for the environment variable BOGOFILTER_DIR to
control where bogofilter looks for its wordlists.
* Bogofilter no longer depends on the Judy package. We now use a high
performance hashing algorithm for message evaluation. The Judy package is no
longer required to compile or run bogofilter.
* Support for the -e flag, which will cause bogofilter to exit with a value of
0 regardless of the spamicity of the message. This is useful when using -p
* Support for -u flag. This allows message evaluation and training to happen
in the same invocation of bogofilter.
* Extended TOKEN patterns to improve support for european languages.
* Improved wordlist locking to prevent data corruption.
* Added procmail recipes for example usage in the man page.
The Bogofilter Team
More information about the Bogofilter-announce