[bogofilter-announce] bogofilter 0.8.0.rc2 now available
relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 6 21:27:45 EST 2002
Release Candidate #2 for bogofilter 0.8.0 is now on SourceForge. Please
download, build, test, and report back to the bogofilter mailing
list. There have been lots of documentation additions and some code
fixes. If it builds and works well for people, I'll release it in a few days.
Below are the changes since 0.7.6.
* The lexer code now detects read errors (and exits with code 2
if it finds one.)
* Fixed passthrough mode in bogofilter: it no longer strips the
spam-header from a mail body.
* Fixed portability to some systems, notably, Solaris and HP-UX,
added README.* for some systems to describe build issues.
* Fixed "rpl_malloc" link failures.
* Fixed bogofilter 0.7.6 passthrough regression on some systems:
The X-Bogofilter header would be added to the body and a bogus
blank line would be added.
* Bogofilter now supports a configuration file named
/etc/bogofilter.cf and/or ~/.bogofilter.cf.
* Bogofilter's use of '-v' for printing spamicity statistics
has been organized with increasing levels of details as
additional '-v's are added.
* When using the Robinson algorithm, bogofilter can print a
simple histogram showing word probability distribution.
* Bogoutil supports a new '-w' switch for displaying tokens
from the word list databases.
* Bogolexer added to distribution. Provides easy access to
parsing a file to examine the tokens.
* Bogolexer has a new '-p' (passthrough) for printing tokens and
bogoutil has a new '-p' (probability) for printing the
probabilities of one or more tokens. They can be connected
via pipe to display the probabilities of all words in a message.
* DB 4.1 support has been fixed.
* Documentation updates.
More information about the Bogofilter-announce