[bogofilter-announce] bogofilter-0.9.0.2(beta) available on SourceForge
relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Nov 24 20:54:57 EST 2002
On SourceForge, folder bogofilter-current has been renamed to
bogofilter-stable and bogofilter-beta has been renamed to
bogofilter-current. This was done to better reflect the nature of
bogofilter versions being placed on SourceForge.
The newly released bogofilter version is 0.9.0.2(beta) and is on
SourceForge in the bogofilter-current folder.
From the NEWS file here's an except summarizing the changes since version
Bogofilter News 11/24/2002
* New file README.Robinson describes the tunable parameters
for the Robinson algorithm and what to do for best performance.
* Changed the default behavior to use the Robinson algorithm.
* Corrected incorrect sort order when printing statistics.
* Added support for Fisher's method of combining probabilities,
as optimized for this purpose by Rob W. W. Hooft, to the
* The new file METHODS describes the Graham, Robinson, and Fisher
methods that bogofilter supports for computing spamicity.
* New file README.dcdflib gives some info on the dcdflib free
library of routines for cumulative distribution functions.
* A new '-f' option tells bogofilter to use Fisher's method.
* A new '-c' option in bogofilter allows specification of the
configuration file to read.
* A new '-C' option tells bogofilter not to read any config file.
* The syslog facility in '-l' mode has changed from "daemon" to "mail",
so your logs may now be in /var/log/maillog or /var/log/mail rather
than /var/log/messages. Check your /etc/syslog.conf.
* The testing framework now works on Solaris.
* Fixed several portability problems uncovered by the new
* Added three more regression tests designed to confirm that
bogofilter's results are matching saved reference results.
* Implemented an object oriented API for using computational methods.
* Split the main module into a registration module and three algorithm
modules - for the fisher, graham and robinson methods.
More information about the Bogofilter-announce